Asian Games 2023 October 2 Live Updates: Indian Athletes Aim to Increase Medals Tally
On Monday (October 2), Indian athletes will be looking to build on their recent success in various sports at the Asian Games 2023. Ayhika Mukherjee and Sutirtha Mukherjee will participate in the women’s doubles table tennis semi-final, with a win giving them a chance to win a historic gold medal. In addition, notable names such as Joshna Chinappa and PV Sindhu will represent India in the badminton and squash individual competitions.
India had a successful day on Sunday, winning a total of nine medals in athletics (2 gold, 4 silver, and 3 bronze) and a historic silver medal in the men’s badminton team event.
Here are the Live Updates of Asian Games 2023, October 2 Action:
– India’s high jump athletes, Jesse Sandesh and Sarvesh Anil, failed to clear 2.15 meters in their attempts.
– In roller skating, the Indian women’s speed skating team won a bronze medal in the 3000m relay race.
– India’s Tejaswin Shankar had a brilliant attempt in the men’s long jump event, taking the first spot in the rankings with a distance of 7.37 meters.
– India’s Sandesh failed to clear the bar at 2.15 meters in the high jump event.
– India’s Aryanpal Singh Ghuman, Anandkumar Velkumar, Siddhant Rahul Kamble, and Vikram Rajendra Ingale finished second in Prelims Heat 2 of the men’s 3000m speed skating relay.
– In archery, India secured victories against UAE and Malaysia in the compound mixed team 1/8 elimination and recurve mixed team 1/8 elimination events, respectively.
– In athletics, India’s Sarvesh Anil Kushare cleared the 2.00-meter mark comfortably in the men’s high jump event.
– India’s Jesse Sandesh and Sarvesh Kushare competed in the men’s high jump event, with Sandesh clearing the 2.00-meter mark easily.
– Indian athlete Tejaswin Shankar finished 4th in the men’s decathlon 100m event, recording a personal best time of 11.12 seconds.
– Indian archers Anikta Bhakat and Atanu Das competed against Malaysia in the mixed recurve event, while Jyothi Vennam and Ojas Deotale took on UAE in the mixed compound event.
– Tejaswin Shankar started his campaign in the decathlon with the 100m sprint, in which he has a personal best of 11.03 seconds.
– Archery and athletics events began at 6:30 AM, with Tejaswin Shankar participating in the men’s decathlon and Indian archers competing in the recurve mixed team 1/8 elimination event.